cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 3.0 Flashing Green WiFi light

adrian109
Tuning in

Hi,

My VM Hub 3.0 has a constant flashing green WiFi light - can't find out why it is flashing?

The internet and all wired and wireless connections to the Hub are working.

Have logged into the Hub web interface and it doesn't mention any issues with the WiFi or give any reason why the WiFi light on the front of the Hub 3.0 is constantly flashing green.

For normal operation all the lights should remain off except for the white light at the bottom which should stay solid.

Have found nothing online as yet that describes the light combination I am getting.

Has anyone had this issue?

32 REPLIES 32

Same issue for me, called 150 'Mohammed' from where ever ran tests to no avail. I rebooted also to no avail.  He said it was because the system was updating.  Phoohy!!.  Advice not fit for purpose.  Followed advice from on here held WPS button down for 30 secs and it went out.  Wonder why it started however?

Maybe VM should advise service advisors or they should look on here.

Finally I would add there were no issues with the supply.

Sorry, I'm a complete duffus. I have the solid white base light and flashing green WiFi light. If I press reset to see if that clears it, does it affect devices, password etc?

Hi FFumbler,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

It sounds like you are rebooting the hub. This will power off the hub and then power it back on. It will not change the password or the settings on the hub. 

^Martin

Thank you - so I do need to press the reset button?  Sorry Martin, am an absolute dullard.

Are you having issues accessing your broadband service?

^Martin

No, no problem at all but the green wifi light is constantly flashing even after the old "turn it on and off" routine and I've no idea why.  The white base light is constant and no other lights are showing.

Can you press the WPS button on the Hub 3? 

^Martin

GWA99
Joining in

Hi,

I have reset the HUB 3 to the factory set-up by pressing the reset button for 20 seconds. This did not resolve the issue but forced me to set all devices connected to the HUB using the WPS method, when all devices been connected. I reset the HUB and to my surprise green light is not flashing anymore. The only thing I can think about it is that the Printer (more likely) or one of the devices was to trying to pair with HUB continuously. I think the problem occurred, when I changed the Hub's PW (the green light start flashing).

Note: I did not use WPS to set the new PW to all devices, I typed in the PW.

Hope that help.

Good luck

I have had the flashing green light for around a week now. Anyway to fix this? Cheers.

On the basis of 'How often do I use it anyway?' I have turned off the WPS function and that has removed the flashing light. Not the answer I was hoping for and Virgin really should put more effort into solving the problem but at least the annoying flashing light has now gone.

Details of how to access the hub settings page are on a sticker on the bottom of the your Hub3

This has proved to be a permanent fix for many months, all other resets etc were only temporary fixes (at least in my case)