Menu
Darkmoon
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM HUB3

"the technician as one has already been will try everything else including a new hub"

Including a new hub? Let me correct you right there.....

No he did not.

VM CC sent out a reconditioned unit last week that has given me less broadband since it was installed than the older white one. There has only been a new hub supplied to me when the white one was installed several years ago.

Then black one came in a VM router box with bubble wrap and and one PSU supply. Nothing else. Full stop.

The router itself was covered in dust. There is no way this unit is new. A new box would have had ethernet cable phone adaptor and booklets. This did not. It had only the router and a PSU.

The reason I put my own PSU onto the box was to test the fact the one supplied could not even get the router to fully boot. Do you not understand that?

Fact now is another engineer is booked and so far nothing has fixed my two week old (and counting) issue.

Regards...
0 Kudos
Darkmoon
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM HUB3 rebooting

So 2nd Engineer visit,

He replaced the Blue fibre optical node box on the outside wall. He also noticed the node's color coded X label was green, however I was connected the other end in the VM cabinet to a RED X end.  He said this may cause a frequency issue and thus make the router reboot as the signal would be lost at certain times, thus creating a reboot..

I did however fail to understand this, since I have been always connected in this way for years, and nothing was changed, and no issues have happened until now. 

He also replace the 2nd Hub3 router with a new Hub3 (Hardware version 11 this time)  

Average Latency has dropped very slightly and so far no reboots.  Early days as yet, some more time will be needed.

Regards...
0 Kudos
saintben1234
Joining in
Message 33 of 34
Flag for a moderator

This has started happening to my hub 3.0.  It got worse and worse last week to a point it kept rebooting itself every hour.

The first thing I did was to check all the cables.  The one going from the plug socket to power the connection in the wall,  then the power cable to power the device, then of course the data connection going from the hub to the wall.  This didn't help.

Then I did a complete hardware reset by using a pin into the hard reset.

Then lastly I changed the hub 3.0 so it is plugged directly into a wall socket rather than a power strip.

Virgin have made it impossible to give me help !!  Following their website, there appears to be no way of getting to a number you can call.  I had to google Virgin to get their standard customer service number.  When I called, they are asking for a password (different than my normal account one) which I never had.  I never set up.  Now I have been waiting for almost AN HOUR on the phone.

Really really poor service !!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 34 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@saintben1234 wrote:

... snip ...                 

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos