cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

RR-IT-GUY
Rising star

Good afternoon all.

I want to bring to the attention of Virgin Media ASAP that there is an issue with the core network configuration.

It has been brought to my attention by a member of the Thinkbroadband forum that the "BGP is incorrectly configured and rather than going via Liberty Global /Aorta some traffic is going via LINX direct to VMO2" 

This poses an issue since there is a lack of capacity through this routing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/9195-bqm-showing-peak-time-latency-issues-for-virgin-media-users

This is causing issues with the core network within the last few days.

Please refer to the article attached.

MY BMQ's for reference

LIVE BMQ 

8/04/2022 

09/04/2022 

10/04/2022 

11/04/2022 

12/04/2022 

Kind Regards

RR_THE_IT_GUY

569 REPLIES 569

@darmo wrote:

Was reading back on posts, also great to know that i can plug the BT on the wall box directly into my Asus AX-86U and bypass their hub all together, one less device using power and one less device in the internet chain.

Yep, I have mine straight into the ONT, didnt even take the Hub outta the box. Was also told you had to wait on the Hub updating firmware before it allowed your upload speed to go beyond 50mb. No thanks, straight into the ONT from the Asus 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

You guys make me so jealous. my area doesn't go above 80mb with ANY provider apart from virgin media. stuck in this rabbit hole where i sink deeper and deeper everyday into despair when ever virgin got their heads stuck up their own ***

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@ DARMO

Good luck with Virgin TV only and no broadband.  They don't offer that.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

wackydude1234
Fibre optic

I'm just waiting for them to hook up FTTP they dug up all the roads last month 

My Broadband Ping - test

10 years of disappointment ^

Yes i just learnt that speaking to customer relationship team. They offered me an even more cracking deal to remain with them than last time, although the internet is **bleep**ty for gaming, i can't really say no to the price lol i think i am definitely a loss leader customer for them now but oh well, my wallet is very happy.

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Anyone had small issue around 3pm today

Screenshot_20220505_195932_com.android.chrome.png

No problems in Wokingham at 15:00 ish.
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

I had a 1 minute disconnect at around 2ish this afternoon, very strange!

No BQM running at the mo. 

@darmo wrote:

Yes i just learnt that speaking to customer relationship team. They offered me an even more cracking deal to remain with them than last time, although the internet is **bleep**ty for gaming, i can't really say no to the price lol i think i am definitely a loss leader customer for them now but oh well, my wallet is very happy.

I assume that your new contract with them is for a minimum of 18 months, no? A guaranteed income of even a smaller amount is vastly more attractive to a company (banks like to have a good idea of what the income will be throughout the near future), than a customer who is paying more but might well leave at any time.

It's past 8pm... lets see what happens

My Broadband Ping - test

10 years of disappointment ^