Menu
AngryJackedJoe
Dialled in
Message 453 of 570
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM CORE NETWORK FAILURE {URGANT}

Sadly doubt it, they would have updated all of us if that was the case.

Thanks @conman for the tip. £288 for me to leave, gonna call BT later and see if that is even an option for me. Actually considering just paying it and getting BT in regardless as I am that annoyed. 

Having to jump through this many hurdles to get Virgin to look at an issue on their network is ridiculous and not on. I have spent too much time on calls, twitter, forums, emails that i am absolutely done. 

Obviously hope it is fixed for me and all on here and will continue to shout at them. 

AngryJackedJoe
Dialled in
Message 454 of 570
Flag for a moderator

SmartSelect_20220505-135732_Twitter.jpg

Well, they updated a completely different thread apparently... Dont ask... As you can see from. The screenshot, not what i requested. Still... Its Virgin... But some progress 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Peak-time-Congestion/m-p/5006103#M474192

Probably want to post your BQMs and write some evidence like gaming etc as proof its not thinkbroadband in that thread directed at Virgin forum team as they dont seem to be able to find here. 

0 Kudos
risc19
Well-informed
Message 455 of 570
Flag for a moderator

@conman33158 wrote:

@AngryJackedJoe wrote:

I just want to leave Virgin but have 12 months left. I hate them so much now.

Most ISP's will buy your remaining contract out now mate. A friend of mine seen my BQM yesterday so he rang BT to see if Full Fibre was available at his house yet and it was, the girl on BT side asked if he was still in contract to which he replied "yes, I was just enquiring" and they offered to pay up to £300 to buy out the remainder of his contact to come with BT, so he's ordered it and job done, just awaiting the install now.

The same happened to my sister when going to Virgin from Sky, they are all at it now mate, just food for thought, you guys may not be tied to a contract as much as you think. For the ones that only have Virgin as a choice as they're their only provider in the area then that's a whole other story but the rest you have some leeway 🙂

On another note it was great for me last night now that I'm with BT, I'm not trying to rub it in but the difference is night and day. So stable, no large ping and uploading my data was a breeze and faster too because of double the upload speed. Well pleased I made the move so far, the BT engineers had a bit of messing around getting the cable into the house from the pole outside but managed to get the ONT right beside my networking gear in my living room which was a real bonus, the BT Smart hub 2 wasn't even taken out of the box as I just connected my own Asus router into the ONT and set it up in a few minutes. Had a bit of tweaking to do with the MTU settings and 3 mins later had maximum speed and all was sorted. This was a breath of fresh air to say the least 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-05 103702.jpg

Your BQM makes me want to cry, it's beautiful. 

Just out of interest, what MTU size did you settle on?

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Lagfest Modem Mode
conman33158
Super solver
Message 456 of 570
Flag for a moderator

@AngryJackedJoe wrote:

Sadly doubt it, they would have updated all of us if that was the case.

Thanks @conman for the tip. £288 for me to leave, gonna call BT later and see if that is even an option for me. Actually considering just paying it and getting BT in regardless as I am that annoyed. 

Having to jump through this many hurdles to get Virgin to look at an issue on their network is ridiculous and not on. I have spent too much time on calls, twitter, forums, emails that i am absolutely done. 

Obviously hope it is fixed for me and all on here and will continue to shout at them. 

Best move I've made, plus worked out cheaper and with customer support now in UK and Ireland there's no more language barrier when trying to get your point across 🙂 Only thing is it's a 2 year contract but I think all the ISP's are going that way now. I just think BT have over all better support and when I was with them years ago I had a serious broadband problem and a representative call Patrick contacted me everyday keeping my updated until the problem was solved. I'm by no means trying to push everyone to BT and don't get anything out of it but rather stating my experience in the past and my experience and knowledge at this particular moment.

I had high hopes for Virgin as I've said many times in my posts and have no ill will against them but it's all about the customer and the issues that are being presented to them seems to be falling on deaf ears. I had BT activated at around 3.20 pm yesterday and my BQM it this very moment speaks volumes👍

Screenshot 2022-05-05 141409.jpg

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
conman33158
Super solver
Message 457 of 570
Flag for a moderator

@risc19 wrote:

@conman33158 wrote:

@AngryJackedJoe wrote:

I just want to leave Virgin but have 12 months left. I hate them so much now.

Most ISP's will buy your remaining contract out now mate. A friend of mine seen my BQM yesterday so he rang BT to see if Full Fibre was available at his house yet and it was, the girl on BT side asked if he was still in contract to which he replied "yes, I was just enquiring" and they offered to pay up to £300 to buy out the remainder of his contact to come with BT, so he's ordered it and job done, just awaiting the install now.

The same happened to my sister when going to Virgin from Sky, they are all at it now mate, just food for thought, you guys may not be tied to a contract as much as you think. For the ones that only have Virgin as a choice as they're their only provider in the area then that's a whole other story but the rest you have some leeway 🙂

On another note it was great for me last night now that I'm with BT, I'm not trying to rub it in but the difference is night and day. So stable, no large ping and uploading my data was a breeze and faster too because of double the upload speed. Well pleased I made the move so far, the BT engineers had a bit of messing around getting the cable into the house from the pole outside but managed to get the ONT right beside my networking gear in my living room which was a real bonus, the BT Smart hub 2 wasn't even taken out of the box as I just connected my own Asus router into the ONT and set it up in a few minutes. Had a bit of tweaking to do with the MTU settings and 3 mins later had maximum speed and all was sorted. This was a breath of fresh air to say the least 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-05 103702.jpg

Your BQM makes me want to cry, it's beautiful. 

Just out of interest, what MTU size did you settle on?

I ran the router at 1500 but doing a "ping google.com -f -l 1500 was too big, so the lowest I got away with was 1464, so 1464+28 was a perfect match at 1492 MTU. Set it at that and she's been perfect ever since  mate 🙂

Screenshot 2022-05-05 142123.jpg

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
Nightgaunt
On our wavelength
Message 458 of 570
Flag for a moderator

I've just been offered a senior engineer visit but declined stating this is country wide and nothing to do with my equipment or anything leading into my house while pointing them to this thread.

I also declined a free sim and a £5 a month reduction in cost for a new contract, I declined that too and they couldn't understand why, so far they have called me 6 times in the last 2 days, no doubt to try and twist my arm.

Seems to me no one at VM is taking this seriously!

conman33158
Super solver
Message 459 of 570
Flag for a moderator

@Nightgaunt wrote:

Seems to me no one at VM is taking this seriously!

They will when the impact shows up in their revenue and a few get the boot for not getting on top of the issues they've been facing over this past year.

AngryJackedJoe
Dialled in
Message 460 of 570
Flag for a moderator

• Conman, spoke to BT yeah they can buy upto £300 of your contract - good shout. 

I cant get FTTP like you (lucky you :)), but i can get fibre to the tree (or whatever its known as). Its £31 a month. Not sure what i would expect of the BQM graph as setup is different but as long as its not giving high latency and packetloss 8-10pm and sporadically at weekends that improves my experience. Uk call centres (Canterbury and Wales), and well hopefully they dont take over 2 months 2 fix a fault. Not done the deal yet, just waiting on landlord to approve or a huge apology, a fixed internet and a huge discount from Virgin. 

I also asked them to post on here as there are many of us in the same boat, but some policy prevents it.

3 hours 22mins til congestion kick off

moonies
Dialled in
Message 461 of 570
Flag for a moderator

i want to move to sky, but the max i can get is 88MB, is that enough to stream to twitch (as i am a streamer) and have up to 30 devices? (i have my own AX11000 asus ROX router 10GB compatibility) i really need the info so i can run from virgin as far, and as fast as i can thank you

0 Kudos
Darkman
Superfast
Message 462 of 570
Flag for a moderator

FTTP will hopefully be the threat to VM's high bandwidth monopoly that finally forces them to address their lack of customer focus and poor communication, or risk haemorrhaging customers. Sadly my area always seems to be near the tail end of any BT rollout, so I'm not expecting FTTP to be available here any time soon.

In the meantime it was business as usual yesterday evening:

67b9f2295e532a341f28061fbfdf8562c8961184-04-05-2022

Hub 3.0, 350Mb BB; TV 360, Maxit TV, Phone