Menu
AdamBahadur
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upload speed drops!

Hey all!

In need of some help.

Recently I have been experiencing major drops in upload speed during the evening. Starts at 6 pm and ends around 11pm. 

I have been with Virgin Media for a very long time and I love the service. I get around 200 mbps and 20 download speed which runs smoothly during the morning and afternoon hours. 

I wouldnt really have an issue with the drop however it occurs during the times i stream games. I am an affiliate on Twitch and so its also a source of income. Having a 1.5 upload speed is just not viable during these times when i do stream. 

I read up somewhere that i could be due to the SNR or even congestion, however I pay top price for my service and this has drop has only really started in the past 2 weeks. Before that it was running fine. 

I Have reset my router but no change still. 

Is there a member of the Virgin media team that could help me here? 

Kind regards

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speed drops!

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text.

Residential services don't cover losses for income as well, just FYI, so that is a moot point.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
AdamBahadur
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary

Thank you for the reply, apologies but how would i get access to these logs? ive never really done this before because ive never previously had issues with the broadband to this degree.

apologies for the inconvenience 

kind regards

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @AdamBahadur,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues with upload speeds, we understand how frustrating this can be. 

I have located your account using your forum details and having checked this further, I can see you spoke to our team over the phone on 07/03/21. I understand the issue has now been resolved for you. 

We also have some handy tips here on getting the most out of your in-home network.

Feel free to pop back on if you continue to have further problems.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AdamBahadur
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there!

It is somewhat resolved.

Originally the speed would drop at 6:30 pm and would come back at 10:30/11 pm

Now the speed is dropping at 9 pm and coming back at 10/10:30 pm

It is clear that Virgin are making tweaks on their side however if they could just allow me to actually have my upload speed consistent at 20mb like ive been getting for the entire evening that would be phenomenal. 

I stream so I need that consistent upstream quality.

Hopefully they can resolve this issue however I will test it tonight aswell!

Kind regards

0 Kudos