Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to new hub

Hello, I've been experiencing quite a few drop outs with my router recently, i.e. all connected devices (wired and wifi) seem to lose connection briefly maybe for 1 second, sometimes up to about 30, but during this drop out I am unable to connect to anything, even the router but the lights indicate that it is still powered on and connected. It also seems to cause problems with any bonjour services once everything is back online. The internet connection itself seems fine, it's not having to resync etc during the longer drop outs and there is nothing in the logs (that I can see at least).

I'm looking for advice on how to get my current superhub (must be at least 8-9 years old now) upgraded to something newer, I've seen this link posted elsewhere https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap but I get a "can not upgrade online" message. I'm reluctant to phone as they've specifically asked non-urgent cases to avoid doing so during the current call centre closures.

I'm wondering if one of the VM team that fequent these boards will be able to help me out 🤞

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading to new hub

Hi
Please send me a private message, not reply or quick reply, with your account number and area code/ postcode and I'll arrange that for you.
Rob

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to new hub

I also have a Superhub V1 and am experiencing dropouts and I have devices using 5Ghz but I can't use it on Superhub v1 as it doesn't allow 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz at the same time.
Can I get a free change of router please

0 Kudos