cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown fault

Durrak66
Tuning in

Does anyone know how to find out the cause of a fault? I’ve been without any TV or WiFi for 11 days now but can’t seem to find anyone in Virgin who can tell me what’s causing it. Their twitter account suggested it tried here - which I thought was a bit random…. But I’ll try anything! 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Thanks for trying. I have a regional fault code, just trying to find a human being in Virgin who can actually tell me what the real problem is seems to be impossible. After 11 days of nothing and no real update I'm on the verge of just cancelling my (15 year) contract and going to Sky. It's not the outage that's driving me to distraction, it's the complete lack of communication. Robots are bad 😞

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM never tell users exactlythe details of any fault. Just make sure you have registered for compensation  

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Oh I did 🙂

I'm getting to the point where in my next bill they will owe me money...

Hi Durrak66,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have had an unknown fault for a while now, I was able to locate you on our system and can see there is an area outage in your area affecting Broadband and TV, this was raised on 01/07/22 and the estimated fix date is 15/07/22, we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, I have seen the same info myself in the service status boxes. It was just very frustrating that nothing was being worked and that the fix date was being moved on a daily basis. I now know (thanks to my neighbours on twitter and the kind users on this forum) that the issue is due to a power outage at the box. I raised an executive complaint and am hoping that when they call me back this afternoon that I might find out why nothing has happened for nearly two weeks. 

Hi @Durrak66

Thank you for your response.

I understand from your post you have a complaint raised with our executive team.

Have they since been in contact to discuss a resolution with you?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

yes they did. It was the most efficient method of making contact with someone who could help in the end 

Hi Durrak66 thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear that our Executive Team have got reached out to you.  I've also check and found that the internet and TV in your area should now be back up and running.  However, there is one thing I do wish to quickly discuss with you.  So I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R