cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable wait for engineer appointment

Paul_C
Tuning in

My broadband failed totally on 27 June. I ran all the automatic checks twice with no result, then called the helpline who told me to monitor the situation for 24 hours. Needless to say, the service was still out 24 hrs later. I called again and was told an engineer was needed but the first available appointment is not until 5 July, a whole week later. How is this acceptable in the capital city of a G7 country in 2022?

And Virgin have the temerity to try to sell me an upgrade at the end of the first helpline call. Totally pathetic disregard of customer needs and their own service quality. It's not the fault of the people in the call centres or the engineers, the rot starts at the top.

5 REPLIES 5

eurodancer
Joining in

Dude Virgin are crap full stop I will never touch them again after December cut all ties my advice BT broadband mate best in the world  

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You pay for a residential service with no SLA, if you want near instant fixes you need the business service. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

😄"Instant fixes?" Expecting a fix in less than a week isn't "instant". A week is a quarter of a month. So I'm paying a quarter of my bill for f all.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul_C wrote:

😄"Instant fixes?" Expecting a fix in less than a week isn't "instant". A week is a quarter of a month. So I'm paying a quarter of my bill for f all.

You get a refund for the time it's down 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Paul_C - thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the broadband issues and also for the engineer availability. I appreciate how frustrating that must be but we would have booked in the first available date for the tech.

In relation to compensation, you'd be eligible at total loss - see more here - virg.in/autocomp

Let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill