Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Totally fed up with Virgin Media Broadband - dropped internet 3 times today

What is the problem with Virgin Media? I have never known such a bad service provider.

Broadband has stopped working 3 times today, white solid light still on router, but no web pages load. Then 10-15 minites later the connection re-connects.

Tried to ring virgin media, but you just get redirected here, absolutely terrible service, previously had them out each month and they have said problems with the line and fixed them, but the frequency of these issues is far worse.

Anyone to resolve the issue, or is this just a waste of time?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Totally fed up with Virgin Media Broadband - dropped internet 3 times today

Theres a national outage, its affecting BT and Vodaphone as well

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting fed up with them too. This is unacceptable that not only do we keep losing connection but that we can't even get through to speak to anyone. The phone message just gives some bull about due to the chinese virus the call centre is closed. With more people at home, more people therefore using the internet, Virgin should have extra staff working right now, NOT no staff, it's completely unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You’re clearly unfamiliar with the effects of a global pandemic...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

and Gary you clearly cannot read...

I said I have had them out every month for last couple of months with similar drop-outs, but the issue is far worse, well before the governments stay at home guidance.

In fact the BB has just failed again (4 times now), pandemic has been on the cards since January, Virgin Media have had more than enough time to prepare and strengthen their service. They jack the prices up each year saying it's spent on infrastructure.... the only difference I see is detrimental in their poor BB service and terrible reliability.

Gary, blaming pandemic on a poor network service is pathetic and shows how little intelligence you have, if the service is degraded, them I want a refund for poor service, VM shouldn't charge me full price if they cannot deliver the service I pay for irrespective of global conditions.

Outages should not happen if they had the correct infrastructure in place, are the annual price rises lining the Chief Executives pocket instead?

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Actually outages happen more than you realise.

I’m not blaming the pandemic at all....

Stop twisting ones words for your own agenda against VM. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your words.... I'm not blaming the pandemic at all.....

Your reply before: You’re clearly unfamiliar with the effects of a global pandemic...

Whatever medication you're on Gary, you need to stop, it's making you paranoid.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My response was to the other poster who jumped in your thread making the comments about the, and I quote, “Chinese virus”. 

0 Kudos