Menu
vk1
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Internet - No Response

My internet speeds are terrible and now my devices keep dropping off for no reason. I tried calling twice last year and was told that due to the pandemic no visits could be arranged except for vulnerable customers. However, that can not be an excuse for shoddy service and TERRIBLE internet speeds. No engineer has visited us ever and our TV is not set up properly as well. 

Can someone please look into this? If you cant ASAP, can you just cancel my contract - which apparently you will charge me extortionate fees for? 

Someone please help. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Internet - No Response

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests, - no BB supplier guarantees those - only speeds "TO" the Hub are guaranteed.

If you are testing on wifi you need to do it this way...

If you expect >100Mbps then connect a 1GB enabled computer/laptop, with up to date drivers, via a known good and working Cat5e (or better) ethernet cable, directly to the Hub which you have put into “modem mode” (see VM website for “How To”). Test at speedtest.net (not using their App!) to your nearest VM server - try on 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot the device into safe+networking mode and try again.

There are many posts on here where unknown/flaky software, old network card drivers, corrupted browsers or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos