cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV to soundbar via WiFi on Hub 4

Gig1jambo
On our wavelength

My TV & soundbar are both Samsung and I used to be able to send the sound from the TV via WiFi or HDMI. HDMI is always much quieter for some reason so want to get the sound back up and running via WiFi.

Since having the hub 4 and moving to virgin, I can connect both to the WiFi network but they refuse to acknowledge each other. 

Does anyone know if this is a hub 4 nuance and isn't possible & would need a separate router to be able to bridge the two & run the router in modem modem mode instead? 

Thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gig1jambo, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to have you back posting in the Community. 

Apologies to hear you are having an issue getting your TV and soundbar to acknowledge each other. This can sometimes happen depending on the devices. As they are third party, the support we can offer is limited I'm afraid. 

It may be worth splitting your WiFi bands and connecting each of them individually. The issue is, as this isn't supported by Virgin Media, we're unable to give the steps on how to do this. You can find them in the Community though and I'm sure one of the VIP's wouldn't mind giving them to you either. 

When splitting the bands, if you have WiFi pods then these will no longer work as the settings need to remain on default. 

Pop back here and keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both, I'll have a look at your suggestions and see if I can get it working.

Didn't think about the different bands, that may well be it.