cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Deco

gingermoonman
On our wavelength

Thinking of getting a TP Link Deco mesh set up as not happy with my Hub 4, can people recommend a certain model an are they easy to set up?

67 REPLIES 67

It's probably stopping you using the same name as the HUB is still in router mode and transmitting the same name!

That's what I thought, I have created a new network and it is all connected, I have seen that I can change the network name etc once I have put the hub 4 into modem mode rather than router, so the next step is to put the hub 4 into modem mode and reboot everything, does that sound correct? If I what to put the hub 4 back into router mode I need to log into it using new IP address via ethernet cable or I presume can reset the hub

@gingermoonman wrote:

That's what I thought, I have created a new network and it is all connected, I have seen that I can change the network name etc once I have put the hub 4 into modem mode rather than router, so the next step is to put the hub 4 into modem mode and reboot everything, does that sound correct? If I what to put the hub 4 back into router mode I need to log into it using new IP address via ethernet cable or I presume can reset the hub

I'm unsure why you didn't put the HUB in modem mode to begin with however yes, you can put the HUB in modem mode then reboot everything.

was told on here not to and to set up one deco in router mode first then change it to modern mode

@gingermoonman wrote:

was told on here not to and to set up one deco in router mode first then change it to modern mode

Then change to modern mode with the deco if it don't work power off hub for 2mins and try again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @gingermoonman

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on after trying the above? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Going to try it this weekend as did not want to mess up the wi-fi whilst working from home!

Fingers crossed will give me better wi-fi speeds! Not sure it will as other posts saying the Hub 4 is better than the Deco’s I have brought

well got it working and is now back in its book ready to be sent back, total rubbish, got to say the Hub 4 is better!!