cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Deco

gingermoonman
On our wavelength

Thinking of getting a TP Link Deco mesh set up as not happy with my Hub 4, can people recommend a certain model an are they easy to set up?

67 REPLIES 67

because sitting in the same place and looking at hub page to see what band it is connected to

@gingermoonman wrote:

because sitting in the same place and looking at hub page to see what band it is connected to

And it's displaying 5 GHz and the connected speed in the HUB 'Conneced Devices' section isn't fluctuating?

it is displaying 5g and has not changed but the speed it says on the hub is not the speed I am getting when I do a speed test, the speed on the hub does keep changing, I would understand if I keep moving around and connecting disconnecting but sit in the same place running about 5 tests and they really change!! 

The speed on the hub is the link speed. Not the speed you’ll get doing a Speedtest. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

how can the following be ok? All within a minute of each other 40.8 then 9.28 then 367??

IMG_9002.jpegIMG_9001.jpegIMG_8999.jpeg

Just done another 3 tests one after another and got 5.79 then 109 then 214????

So do I need to get a engineer out again to make it higher? 

The Virgin person I have been speaking to on PM must be away as not replied 

You need to test wired speeds. Wifi speeds will never be accurate. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I totally understand that wi fi is not totally accurate but surely it should not fluctuate like it does? Could be something wrong with the antennas in the router?