Menu
sghk200
Tuning in
Message 31 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

My superhub3 keeps resetting to factory settings, including password. Please snd me a replecement that does not do this, ore I will switch to Sky (which is cheaper anyway)

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 32 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub spontaneously resets to default settings INCLUDING DEFAULT PASSWORD

Hi sghk200,

Thanks for posting though sorry to hear about the reset problems, is this still an issue? Checking your service your Hub is showing an up time of 20 days currently with both Hub and local circuit reporting back in good shape.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
danjob
Joining in
Message 33 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph,

Many users have used this thread to report issues with their hub where the hub is resetting to their default settings.

This resets the ssid and the passwords that users change.

Is the issue resolved where we can now rely on the changes we make ?

If the issue is not reolved, can you please arrange a new hub to be sent out as Im having that exact issue.

Thanks

Danny

0 Kudos
Karenesque
Up to speed
Message 34 of 56
Flag for a moderator

My SH3 spontaneously reset itself at 5am this morning. All back to factory settings.  Annoying when you have separate names and passwords for your 2.4, 5 and guest network. Hope it doesn't do again at 5am, or any time, for that matter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 35 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karenesque

I'm sorry to hear that. Everything looks ok when checking your hub from this end. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. If it happens again could you let us know and also post a copy of the network log for us to take a look at? 

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

galthop
Joining in
Message 36 of 56
Flag for a moderator

My super hub 3 has reset today and also a couple of weeks ago. It is a pain to have to put all my settings back in. How can I get a replacement?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 37 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@galthop wrote:

My super hub 3 has reset today and also a couple of weeks ago. It is a pain to have to put all my settings back in. How can I get a replacement?

You might just get the same fault.

You could put the hub in modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports and the hub should stay in modem mode without resetting.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 38 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@galthop wrote:

In this case I would wait until the forum team respond to your post, which may be a while due to the Christmas holidays. I think if you ring up and they can see it online and in spec, they won't want to send a replacement and you'll end up going round in circles. To me it seems there is a bad batch of Hub 3s out there and the reason there isn't a massive number of reports is because most use default settings and therefore won't notice this issue.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 39 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hello galthop,

I am very sorry to hear you are having some issues with your hub, this does sound quite strange that this is happening, How many times has this happened in total?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
galthop
Joining in
Message 40 of 56
Flag for a moderator

It has happened twice now. Once yesterday and once about two weeks ago.

0 Kudos