cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 2ac upgrade

AZ999
Tuning in

Hi I have been trying to get a hub 3 for free but every time I open up the link it always says oops. I'm pretty sure I am applicable for the hub 3 as I have a superhub 2ac. I have contacted the Virgin media team via live chat but they said I have to pay £35 for installation fee. Does anyone know how to get it for free with just delivery charges. Any solutions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should get one for just a small delivery charge. I will flag for VM to come here and sort it for you.  Check back here tomorrow

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

The activation fee is standard 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should get one for just a small delivery charge. I will flag for VM to come here and sort it for you.  Check back here tomorrow

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you vey much. Your very helpful

Hi AZ999,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I've popped you over a private message so I can help with the hub.

Alex_Rm

Thank You very much. Service was great. Getting my Hub3 in 3-5 working days. Thanks everyone for your help

Just wondered ... did VM send you the HUB 3 then ?.. was there a fee involved ? ..

recently I tried to get one same as you when I upgraded an old TiVo box for V6 , VM promised me a new

router Hub3 but reneged and just sent the V6 box ... not happy , it works ok with the SH ac2  router but its not the point !!!!!

looking on here though many customers pull the hair out and woes with the Hub3 end up paying for a router etc

putting HB3 into modem ...just saying .. good luck M8tey

sophist
Trouble shooter

@Alby41 wrote:

Just wondered ... did VM send you the HUB 3 then ?.. was there a fee involved ? ..

recently I tried to get one same as you when I upgraded an old TiVo box for V6 , VM promised me a new

router Hub3 but reneged and just sent the V6 box ... not happy , it works ok with the SH ac2  router but its not the point !!!!!

looking on here though many customers pull the hair out and woes with the Hub3 end up paying for a router etc

putting HB3 into modem ...just saying .. good luck M8tey

if your 2ac works ok then you're probably better off putting it in modem mode and buying yourself a router - you've already seen the woes about the hub3.. 🙂

OK, I saw on the SH ac2 specs the VM state that this router is capable of ... not that it

actually does 1300 mbps !!!!!, between the two frequencies 2.4 + 5 ...could you suggest to me an appropriate router

live semi det dwelling ,,, may be 3/4 devices connected at once...... most ever was 

7 when guests family here.  I have seen Asus, TP link and trenda but there are no doubt others suitable ...must

be easy to set up ... thanx M8tey

sophist
Trouble shooter

what's the budget?

do you want a single router or mesh system (they are all pretty easy to set up). A mesh system is likely to provide a better wireless signal across the whole house.. but at the entry-level end, at a cost of overall performance..

for mesh systems check out the tp-link deco product line - choose according to your budget / needs

for a single router, check out the ASUS, TP-Link, Netgear - budget for a minimum of £80-100 for a half decent device.