cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 2

Spacebucks
Dialled in

Hi, I have an old super hub 2 (not ac) It still works although the 5ghz and 2.4ghz lights on the front don’t work anymore. My question may seem silly but is it worth me asking for an upgrade to a newer superhub? I gather virgin would do this for free but I have read the newer super hubs may not be as good as the old super hub 2. Any thoughts appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If its all working fine then dont try and fix anything - is it?

At the moment they will only upgrade for free if the SH2 is faulty - or if you move to a package that needs a Hub3/4. In theory they should give a more stable network connection but I dont believe the wifi is any better.

I still use the SH2 - albeit I am in modem mode with my own router and wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks - do you know what speeds the superhub 2 is capable of? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Up to 200 - that's what I am on.

Upgrading to 350 or above will require you getting a Hub3/4. Note that in the... "great 2022 electronic devices crisis".. in that event, VM may well issue you with a refurbished Hub3/4 rather than a new one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ah ok thanks. I was offered upgrade to a higher speed but I gather I’ll need a new superhub as I’m on 200 as well and have superhub 2 m, so gather upgraded speed will be no benefit without a newer superhub !