Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2ac

I've got a superhub 2ac which keeps randomly dropping wifi, it can be fine for most of the day, then will just disappear.

I restart the superhub and only some of our phones,tablet, etc will reconnect with the rest not being given IP addresses.

I normally have to restart it a few times before I manage to get everything connected again, has anyone got any help or solutions to this? 

It would be very much appreciated if someone can help me sort this out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2ac

When the SH2 drops wifi connections - what happens on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you dont know can you test it - to see if its a faulty Hub/connection or just a wifi issue.

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've only got the TV connected by ethernet and that's always been fine when the WiFi drops, when the WiFi drops it's like it has been switched off I can see the neighbors SSID but mine has totally disappeared.

I've tried the link to the upgrade in the past but always get the "ooops" message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I always get oopsed too. it means we are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract".

Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

That said - if your connection is fine on ethernet cable (can you check on other devices?) and you issue is just wifi see if the Hub3 sorts that (it does for many customers). If not... consider using your own better quality wireless equipment with the Hub in modem only mode.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Vinda79.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the Wi-Fi facility on your router, how have things been looking since your most recent post?

The stats appear to be in spec currently, but we can take a closer look if required

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When it's all connected everything is fine, it's just when the WiFi drops it can take a few modem restarts before everything will connect again.

Which took almost 2 hours to sort last week because only half of our devices would connect, so yeah just seems to be a WiFi thing but happens quite often.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Vinda79,

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

likely be given a hub 3 and then have other problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for trying to help, new hub 3 received yesterday and all set up. Everything seems fine for now and hopefully it will stay that way.

0 Kudos