cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

I've had a few issues today which seem to be corresponding with spikes in dropped packets

LeeRuss_0-1664460214657.png

Hey there @LeeRuss, thanks for reaching out to us and a welcome back to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the connection.
May I ask how the connection has been over the last few days?
Is it still the same or has it imporved?
Let us know and we can go on from there 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

Hi.

It seems to been ok the last few days. The graph below is from yesterday, you can see some spikes but I didn’t notice anything but probably was actively using the connection at that time. I’ll see how it goes in the week while I’m using it more actively.

LeeRuss_0-1664700533176.png

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

Reposting image from previous post

LeeRuss_0-1664707842828.png

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

It went down earlier for about 5 mins and the hub rebooted. The monitor shows there was lots of dropped packets

LeeRuss_0-1664720147833.png

Hey LeeRuss, thank you for reaching out and for the update with the connection.

I have taken a look and I can see there are currently no faults at our side.

Please remember we can't guarantee a fault free service - there may be bumps sometimes, I will keep an eye on this anyway. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt

I do understand it can't be fault free, its just that I must of gone for over year without remembering any incident at all but in the last few months it has just become a lot more frequent and of course when I have an issue its usually at the worst time like in an online meeting.

I just had another issue where I lost complete connection in a Google Meet call. I eventually used my mobile phone to join the call again as it wasn't just a blip for a few seconds. It did rectify itself after about 4-5 mins though.

LeeRuss_0-1665054808546.png

Afternoon @LeeRuss

Thanks for coming back to the thread. There's a few more tests we need to run but we need the hub to be in router mode. Can this be done just for a few days whilst we do it?

Let me know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Matt,

This issue has been happening intermittently for 3 weeks now, for the most part it has been working fine but it's been happening every 20 minutes or so for 2 days now.

Yes I have tried a reboot and it still happens.

Thanks

Ben 

Hi @BenjaminD

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you. Having checked over the systems I can see an issue that might be causing this intermittency. We'll need to send out an engineer to investigate this further. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley