cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

xillius200
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hope someone can take a look or help, having issues with with my my Hub 3.0 possibly. It started randomly rebooting for last two days. Network log hasn't actually recorded any issues at all or anything actually for past 2 days. Apart from LAN login success and a normal DHCP renew on the 14th. No T1-T4 timeouts on upstream and Downstream looks fine as well, Power (dBmV) between 1.7 - 5.8, 24 channels, no Pre RS or Post RS errors. SNR (dB) is the same as it has been for the entire year, 36-37

Even just as a test, swapped out the cable with a spare rg6 coaxial cable I kept from a sky box. Still Reboots...even without any devices connected at all to the network (yes, terms and contract I put the old cable back) 

Any help would be appreciated

14 REPLIES 14

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are showing there is a "known problem" but there is nothing indicating that in the stats although the emerging BQM has some concerns (needs more data) - you need VM to comment on the issue and/or take a deeper look at the connection with their more detailed "tools/experience."

For known issues... try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they do say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number and "estimated fix date" which VM on here can refer to

If there is a known fault then VM will not send a Tech to investigate until that is cleared

After all that..... VM staff do respond on this forum in a few days and will take a look and advise

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

To be fair since posting the other day, no stats or anything have been changed, apart from the beginning of the BQM where I had outages last night. Annoyingly always the way, it's been rock solid today, no outages will see how it keeps. Latency spikes will be me re-downloading a lot of data from GIT repositories and game downloads

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - may have actually been a "known problem" that they have now fixed. Lets hope it stays that way 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your reply and updates, xillius200,

Glad to hear that you connection seems to have improved.  Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi,

Nope, since the other day. It has stopped going down altogether. Strange one if anyone would be able to answer though, with the 6+db Attenuator taken out, while the power is lower, it's stable enough to use still and hasn't disconnected. I still get same speed but lower latency. Any reason not to keep it this way?