cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

Hi, is it worth doing a factory reset? I am concerned I will loose all my settings but that's the only thing I can do

It maybe worth doing a FR, but you will need to set the Hub up again, unless you save the settings in the Admin \ Reload and Reboot section of the Hub's GUI. Bear in mind you will need to access the Hub with the default password printed on the Hub, and use the default wireless passphrase and SSID if connecting wireless, (I would connect wired.)

Personally, I would wait until the VM Forum Team revisit the thread and hopefully arrange for a closer look at your connection.

Can you confirm what you mean by your earlier response? ‘Local circuit dropping’ do you mean this is a Superhub issue or some issue in my street box outside?

Hi badger999,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin

Hi guys. I am having a similar problem to this guy here. My hub3 keeps resetting itself many times throughout the day. 

Phones lines are busy as hell. Any chance i can have some help please. 

Alan

Hi Allytalk,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your broadband. I have had a look at the back end of your services it there seems to be some ongoing signal issues, this is due to some network impairments that will require an engineer to resolve.

I have booked you in with an engineer appointment which you can find all the details of here and rearrange if necessary.

Let me know if you have any issues and if you're happy to go ahead with the current appointment booked.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Same old excuse, Why doesn't Virgin Media come clean and admit that they have no capability to meet demand? poor excuses, taking money for a service and not providing the service. I will tell you what the issue is - the issue is you are selling too many connections & clogging the service because you are splitting the the lines. Will take this again to alternative dispute resolution and seek compensation.

Hi badger999,

As per the resolution to your complaint. 

Here is the fault ticket number for the congestion fault in your area: F007915437. We have assigned engineers to get this resolved. The current estimated fix date is 20 May 2020. 

You can check back with us if you do wish for updates concerning this either through ourselves on the community page or via our other channels such as calling on 150/0345 454 1111 or SMS on +44753 305 1809.

^Martin

Hi Martin, thanks I will be checking weekly to find out what is going on. Thanls for the update

dougieadi
Joining in

I am/ been having same issue, been on going for couple of months now. Have had a new hub sent out, have boosters for up stairs but hub keeps on resetting several times every day at various times. Have called several times but never get a straight answer as to why it keeps happening. They just reset from their end and it just keeps happening. Please someone help or we are going to be forced to change providers as we are not getting the service I am paying for.