MS451
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Stop!!!!!!

[removed by mod]
10:35 (16 minutes ago)

to Virgin

Stop!!!!!! Ur just putting the prices up and pensioners cannot afford it.

Think of pensioners.

Your speed is not as fast as the States and I lived there.

Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stop!!!!!!

Needs more exclamation marks...

4/5 would read again.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And what you can do in making posts like this is to stop posting details that spammers find helpful like your e-mail address which I have asked the Mods to edit out. Your pathetic attempt at protest will just result in an increase of spam because of what you have disclosed. And don't think you speak for all pensioners. VM provide competitively priced packages across the board and this pensioner is perfectly satisfied with their prices.  And if he isn't plenty of packages from other providers to go to. 

Fast BB in the US. Don't make me laugh. Not if you live in the middle of Montana or Wyoming.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello MS451, sorry to hear you're unhappy with the price you pay. 

Can I ask how long have you been on your current package for? 

Are you out of contract at the moment? 

The team on 150/0345 454 1111 will be happy to discuss the package you're on and ensure you're getting the best value. 

What speed package do you have at the moment? We can take a look if you would benefit from a faster speed.

Thank you. 

Jen Y 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
MS451
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen, I have had my package for three years. Started at around £24.00 Now nearly £38.00. I am a retired techy having been involved with Computers for 37years.

100 Mbits Download is fine for older folk, who perhaps r not even computer literate. Gpoing up to 300 does not improve their quality of life.

Richarch Branson would agree.

Until cable is completely gone and the Internet will be globally free, this is unfair practice.

I get a reduction on eveything else, why not this. It all helps. It just keeps going up and up.

My streaming for Netflix and everthing else is fine.

So please get them to put a constructive plan in place as money is scarce.

Thnx,

Martin

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

your sense of entitlement is strong it seems.
why should you get a reduction? IMO you shouldn't, you either pay the price or you take your business elsewhere.

also, richard branson has nothing to do with it, but as a "techy with 37 years experience" you, of course, already knew that.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Personally, I agree with @chenks .

I too am a pensioner with many, many years working in the IT industry but feel no such entitlement to reduced prices, nor am I the beneficiary of all these other pensioner reductions which the OP talks about.

Of course, the OP has many options to reduce prices with Virgin Media - the 50Mb service would be one and I believe there is also a 30Mb service which is not unlimited.

There are also many other suppliers.

PS The current new customer price for 100Mb is £40. It would seem that the OP’s price is better than the new customer price. Wouldn’t all existing customer like a price better than new customers?

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thirded ...  You are already getting a good deal compared to these new customer prices.  You could always call up and negoitiate for a "loyalty discount"  (if you dont already have one - mine is currently -£10/mo).

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 14.49.07.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Being patronised by younger people over my age and longevity is bad enough but being patronised by older people for the same reason really is the last straw.  I spent the last part of my career supporting the Government in legislating to prevent discrimination against protected groups, including older people. I don't expect to hear words of discrimination from the mouths of people I was trying to protect.

How dare you (MS451) pretend to prescribe for me what level of internet speed or other technology is sufficient or appropriate for my needs in support of a spurious argument for lower prices for you personally. I won't be patronised by my juniors and I certainly won't accept it from some self-appointed exponent of the supposed tech needs of older people. 

If you don't want to pay for internet access and you want a basic service go use the free computers at your local library. But certainly refrain from telling us and the community here what I/we need, what I/we can afford and what I/we buy from VM; decisions  I am perfectly capable of making for myself.  

Use Kudos to say thanks