cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steady red light on hub 3.0

Dieghen
Joining in

Hi, It’s been 3 months that my hub is displaying a steady red light. Still have connection on my devices as long as I’m close to the hub. I’m living in a small flat so I can’t explain why I need to use my 4g connection when I’m not in the living room.

I tried multiple times to phone customer service and they keep saying they can’t see any issues from their side and keep pointing out there are connectivity issues in my area, which it sounds a bit like an excuse as when I ask more details on that they end up saying it’s not their fault but not actually explaining what the issue is. 

Only today, after another hour wasted on the phone, I decided to explain my problem on this community forum as I’ve seen a lot of people with the same issue I’m experiencing.

please help 

I tried multiple times to reboot the hub, disconnecting all cables and plug them in again making sure they are tight but nothing seems working. 

appreciate if someone can help with this

many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dieghen,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for red light issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Dieghen 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you are having issues with the hub and it showing a red light. We can certainly understand the frustration with you not getting the help needed for this 😔 We will be more than happy to assist with getting your connection back up to speed.

As you have mentioned that you are seeing a red light on the hub, can you please follow the steps below:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. 

If you are still seeing issues with the hub after this, please let us know. We will be happy to help further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan!!

thanks for you’re reply! Unfortunately I have done everything you suggested and still experiencing the same issue.

can you please help me 

regards 

Diego

Hi @Dieghen,

Thank you for giving that a try. It's a shame to hear that it hasn't helped.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there in getting this sorted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dieghen,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for red light issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs