cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed upgrade and mesh system

Twizzle_99
Joining in

I have a speed increase but cannot seem to get new speed, its doubled. Virgin are telling me to remove mesh system and then I will get new speed. Surely this isn't right? I only got the mesh system as the wifi was so awful without it. I've changed speed before without any issues.

15 REPLIES 15

just to be sure. I unplug Deco, power off Virgin hub for 2 mins, unplug ethernet from Virgin hub and switch back on? Can only do a speed test via wifi.

@Twizzle_99 wrote:
just to be sure. I unplug Deco, power off Virgin hub for 2 mins, unplug ethernet from Virgin hub and switch back on? Can only do a speed test via wifi.

well thats no good

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry don't understand

Not really helpful. Was only trying to interpret your instructions.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you re-connect the Deco's in the correct sequence?

And connect the first unit with a New Cat6a cable to be sure.

There was this thread where they were limited to 100 on the Deco's too - this sorted it - worth checking.

DECO unit QoS defaults to 100 - message 2 in….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Upgraded-from-100-to-200-with-no-difference/td-p/4931648

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Wrong thread, post content deleted.