cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed upgrade and mesh system

Twizzle_99
Joining in

I have a speed increase but cannot seem to get new speed, its doubled. Virgin are telling me to remove mesh system and then I will get new speed. Surely this isn't right? I only got the mesh system as the wifi was so awful without it. I've changed speed before without any issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you re-connect the Deco's in the correct sequence?

And connect the first unit with a New Cat6a cable to be sure.

There was this thread where they were limited to 100 on the Deco's too - this sorted it - worth checking.

DECO unit QoS defaults to 100 - message 2 in….

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Upgraded-from-100-to-200-with-no-difference/td-p/4931648

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Put hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

It is in modem mode

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What speeds are you getting and what should you have post-upgrade?

And are those on wifi devices - or re ethernet cable connected ones also affected?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Virgin are telling me to remove mesh system and then I will get new speed" offshore customer service talking rubbish as usual. Have you power off your hub for a few minutes and then turned it on again? This prompts the download of the new config file. If you go into your hub on 192.168.100.1 and go to <configuration> tab you will see the up/downstream figures, post them here.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Getting around 92 and had a package of 100. It has now supposedly gone to 250 but nothing has changed. All over wifi as don't have anything to connect via ethernet cable, expected slower speeds because of that but nothing has changed since I had the 100 package.

what mesh model do you have?

TP-link Deco X20 plus some S4s attached

Recently added the X20 as the main

Ok so unplug the Deco from the hub can connect a PC power off hub for 2mins before tuning back on then unplug replug Ethernet till you get internet on PC to do a speed test