cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light

Clairecoops
Tuning in

I have a solid red light on my hub. I have tried resetting it, unplugging at the wall & turning it back on. Phoned VM & was told there is no issues. 

Can someone help asap please.

10 REPLIES 10

MylesVM
On our wavelength

Hi Claire,

Try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub

If it's still red then you need a replacement hub via a VM engineer. 

You can call it in on 0345-454-1111 or else wait for the forum team.

I've done this also & it's still red.

Customer service said on the phone its nothing to worry about, but it's been like this for a few weeks now & I've seen people saying about overheating but mines isn't hot to touch or anything like that.

Personally I'd say it'll want replacing. I'm sure one of the VMstaff will get around to messaging you at some point and have a new one sent out.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub is it? Red LEDs mean different things for different hubs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I've got the hub 3.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will probably need replacing.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Clairecoops wrote:

I've got the hub 3.

OK firstly, don’t panic or be too concerned, the red light on a Hub 3 is indeed a warning that it has become too hot; now it might be that, but it is far more likely that either the ‘world’s cheapest and shoddiest LED’ or another component (as used in the VM products), has failed and is giving a erroneous reading!

The dismissive fob-off from VM’s customer service provision is no more than we have come to expect, but even if this is a false-positive and can safely be ignored, if, in the future the hub ‘were’ to dangerously overheat, then how would you know?

So, no question about it, the hub absolutely needs to be replaced and I’m sure that in a day or two, a member of the forum team will get to this thread, offer to contact you via direct message to get details and arrange a tech visit to do just that. 

Ahhh here's hoping, can't have something that be possibly be faulty. Best getting sorted ASAP.

Hey Clairecoops,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your router at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L