cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light and overheating

house236
Joining in

Hi 

I have a solid red light on my hub 3.0. It’s been there for a couple of weeks. I have read that it may be due to overheating. The hub does feel hotter than normal. I have tried the factory reset (pin method) and have even left it off for 24hours to see if it cools down but the red light has returned. It is in a really well ventilated position and in fact is next to a desktop fan which is currently keeping it cooler. There are also intermittent wi-fi dropouts that are becoming annoying. Is it still safe to use as I’m worried about the overheating. I work from home so need it all of the time. Can somebody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @house236.
I have arranged the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @house236,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub overheating, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @house236.
I have arranged the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L