Menu
Problem sorter
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow second wifi: Super Hub Downstairs, ethernet upstairs, then a switch, then another wifi router.

@futureisvegan wrote:

Thanks for all the advice really useful to learn this stuff.

The Tenda Router I bought was "Tenda F3 300Mbps Wireless Router, Easy Setup, Parental Control, Bandwidth Control, Wi-Fi Schedule, with 3 External Antenna"

Isn't it a bit misleading that the product says 300Mbps but it won't do higher than 60mbs?

That's the theoretical wifi speed between two wifi points, in the real world about 150.  However the ethernet ports on that unit are only 100Mb.  It's all sales jargon.  If you are only needing an access point, that's all you need to buy. Absolutely no point in buying a decent ac router and setting it into AP mode.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow second wifi: Super Hub Downstairs, ethernet upstairs, then a switch, then another wifi router.

300Mbps is the throughput speed.

But that's limited by its' 100Mbps ports.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Tuning in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Bought an access point. Will plug it in and see how the speeds go! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow second wifi: Super Hub Downstairs, ethernet upstairs, then a switch, then another wifi r...

Hi futureisvegan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

I have taken a look on our side and I am unable to see anything that could be affecting this. 

Please do let us know how the 3rd party equipment goes. 

^Martin

0 Kudos