Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Signal strength issues

Hey, I`ve had my wifi home for one month, and the signal for wifi its not reaching the other rooms. The rooter is in my bedroom, but if I try to use my laptop in the living room , the signal doesn`t reach and I lose the connection. Also my house mate says that her signal is not very good in her room, and she keeps getting disconnected. 

Is it possible to move the rooter outside my room. The cable that I have at the moment is not long enough, I will need a engineer for that. 

Can I speak with someone about it please?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal strength issues

Hello

Yes you will need and engineer but in the current climate it is classed as non-essential so you will have to wait until it is over before VM will come out and move the hub. There may also be a charge for the move as it isn't fault related.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Do you have any ideas why the wifi signal can be so slow, that it doesn`t reach the other rooms in the flat?

Is it the rooter or it`s another issue?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There will be a £99 standard callout charge.

You're better off getting a better router to give a better signal or look into a mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos