Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Booster - FTTP??

Alham
Tuning in

Hi

Having TV and Broadband issues.

We’ve had work done in house over past few months and moved out whilst it was being done. The electrician moved the Virgin cables to a new cupboard and put in some Cat6/Coax etc. 

The units we have are

Hub 3 supplied from a Tratec FDU-51 4 Way Distribution Unit

We also found another unit (I think an older unit) that was under the floor - Technetix IPI-51 Isolator / Power Inserter - not used currently

We also have found a coax cable which has a two inch long barrel covered by plastic protector in-line in the middle of the cable - Teleste ASH-GISX101-VM01 5-1700Mhz Withstand Galvanic Isolator

I’m sure we also had a cable that ran from a socket in the living room under the house. We were originally an NTL customer in early 2000s and then moved to Virgin and moved to 600Mb Broadband. If this supply was switched off then it caused issues with the TV.

Now we are back in, the Broadband has been ok but been stopping occasionally but the TV boxes are showing network errors and is only reaching 16% on channel refresh and no TV or catchup etc. 

Can anyone please let me know what the power cable looked like please and where it went to so we can search for it. It was not like those other supplies noted on other posts where the Coax came out of the power unit - this was more like a charger socket with a thin power cable coming out of it.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Hi

The hardware issue has been sorted thanks. 

We now have a separate issue which is that the TV V6 boxes are showing an M63 error code. 

It says they you can connect to the UNKNOWN to update status. 

We can only get live TV but no pause, record, catchup or apps. 

The 360 upgrade option was available on the menu screen but was showing an M63 error when I tried to upgrade. When I was speaking to the online support the option disappeared and so did all the apps and catchup. 

Seemingly it will take 4 days to fix this - meanwhile we have no functionality at all. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Alham, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the V6 box. This does look to be a provisioning issue so we will need to take a look from our side and make the amendments. 

I will pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat