Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Setting up hotspots on a new phone

I'm setting up a new phone and I want to use the VM Connect app to connect to Virgin Wifi hotspots - mostly on the London Underground. But every time I press the "Get set for Wifi hotspots" button, it thinks for a minute or so, before giving me this error.

Screenshot_20201018-171430.png

I've been trying since Friday and I always get the same response. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting up hotspots on a new phone

Hi there @davog, 

Welcome back to our Community - so sorry that you're having some issues with the hotspots on your new phone. 

Are you signing in with a Pay Monthly mobile account, a PAYG mobile account or via your MyVirginMedia account? Connect App Sign in

Once signed in successfully - it should automatically connect you to the Hotspots (depending on your own handset settings) Connect to Hotspots

Pop back if you're still having issues. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie,

This is a VM broadband login. And nothing has changed since my first message, I still get exactly the same error message.

And when using the phone on the London Underground, I've noticed that at some stations, when I click on the "sign in to wifi" notification, it connects and just works. But at other stations, I get the login screen and it won't accept my VM broadband login details.

This used to work fine. It's disappointing that it's now become so flakey.

Dave...

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back Dave - sorry that you're still having these issues and that it's so intermittent too. 

Can you tell us what device you have and what OS it's using? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app for us at all? 

Do you find that it's happening at the same stations each time or does it vary? Not all stations are equipt with the Virgin Media WiFi or that particular station maybe having issues with their specific connection. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the instructions here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/sim-based-wifi-eap-profile-settings

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @gary_dexter, howeverv @davorg has confirmed he is using his Cable account to use the service - not mobile 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos