cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ML-1865 Wireless Laser Printer

DuncanClench
On our wavelength

I had this printer wireless on my network for years, TP-Link Archer VR900.

I switched to the Hub3 last week and eventually got it to work with that, I had to resort to WPS connection which allowed me to use the samsung setIP app to connect to it, change the 192.168.1... to 192.168.0... after that it connected properly.

Like many other VM customers I now have the Hub3 in modem mode and connected to my Archer VR900, I changed the SSID to same as was on the Hub3 and the IP range to the same as the Hub3.

The printer powers on and the blue wifi light goes solid which confirms its connected, but it is not showing as connected when I log on to my router nor is it findable on any PC or Mac

I managed to get it to print a network report (directly from the printer) it shows its connected to the 2Ghz channel and it has an assigned IP 192.168.0.41

None of the software allows me to connect to it

Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DuncanClench
On our wavelength

I managed to figure it out.

I renamed the 2Ghz SSID - this broke the connection with the printer.

I used WPS to connect printer with newly named SSID.

I changed the name of the SSID back to what it was and did the WPS thing again - printer would then allow me to use its syncthru connection to configure it

Thought I'd post this just in case anyone came up against this very odd situation

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

DuncanClench
On our wavelength

I managed to figure it out.

I renamed the 2Ghz SSID - this broke the connection with the printer.

I used WPS to connect printer with newly named SSID.

I changed the name of the SSID back to what it was and did the WPS thing again - printer would then allow me to use its syncthru connection to configure it

Thought I'd post this just in case anyone came up against this very odd situation

Hi DuncanClench, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with getting your wireless printer to connect. 

I'm glad you were able to figure it out and update the thread. This will certainly help others so I have marked it as a helpful answer 🙂

If you have any further issues, just pop back and let us know 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs