Menu
Bradfedup
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish Wifi and tele cutting out

I currently live in an area that has had up to 5 outages at the moment where my wifi and tele services go down for most the day. I am loosing work due to these outages. I have raised a complaint and all I got was a letter stating resolution found -‘apology to customer’ which is an absolute joke. Along with these outages I am now having a service that is running on and off. My wifi will cut out randomly during the day for a few minutes. Causing my work station to cut out. My Alexa to stop playing music. My tele to flicker and unable to stream anything as it buffers. Does anyone else have these issues in their area and how can you resolve it. I’m currently paying quite a bit for a rubbish service that I am receiving. I have tried customer service who can’t do anything I have tried the technical team who can’t do anything. I booked an engineer who didn’t come because it was cancelled as it was ‘fixed’. It’s getting beyond a joke now. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish Wifi and tele cutting out

If there is a localised issue (rather than an individual property issue) then engineers won’t attend and will be cancelled if they are booked. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Bradfedup
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand that side of thing but there just seems to be constant issues in the area with no explanation and no information on what has happened and why! 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On a residential service they aren’t obliged to provide RFO’s and the like.

Likewise there is no SLA for faults and their associated repair timescales. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Bradfedup
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

May not be obliged but some information wouldn’t go a miss surely? My neighbours and I have been back and to with Virgin to try and resolve the issue. One neighbour did tests and it looks like the service has been over sold and cannot cope with amount of people on it from what the tests told him. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you setup a BQM on the ThinkBroadband site it will show any over utilisation. 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Bradfedup,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent posts. I'm so sorry to hear of the continuous issues you're having with your connection, this does sound really frustrating. 

I would just like to re-iterate Gary's advice on getting a BQM set up - this would definitely help us identify what issues are affecting you and give us something to go to local engineering / networks with to get fixed.

If you need any further advice on this, let us know.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos