cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps dropping out of signal around 30 times a day as well as ethernet connection

jaffabfc1
Joining in

Hi.

I have Hub 3.0 and i am getting nothing but issues with the connection.

it was ok up until i got a contract on O2 and had my speed increased, ever since i have had the wifi drop out between 10-30 times a day (possibly more) i have devices plugged directly into the hub and they are the exact same with cutting out the same number of times a day.

the signal has also got worse, i use to be able to use my wifi in the garden which is now impossible, i cant get a more than 1 bar in the next room these days.

I have the following connected to it:

wirelessly

3 x tvs

2 x firesticks

4 x laptops

1 x ps4

1 x ipad

1 x tablet

5 x mobiles

1 x amazon alexa

1 x car

wired

1 x hive hub

1 x pc

1 x home plug adapters to 2 other pcs 

i have tried doing a full reset i have done a part reset i have unplugged for 30 minutes and tried again also changed all the channels and done one at a time.

nothing seems to be working, there hasnt been any new devices added for approx 6 months.

i have tried to get in touch with virgin who did a line test on the automated service but then asked me to follow a link and then ring back which i did but then did another linetest and sent another test was an absolute waste of time

18 REPLIES 18

Hi, 

It doesnt seem to be disconnecting anymore but the signal is still shocking.

I use to be able to connect in the back bedroom and the bathroom as well as the bottom of the garden, i cant even connect properly upstairs anymore.

I have tried changing the channels and reverted it back to Auto channel but its still the same.

Hi @jaffabfc1,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that the disconnection issue now seems to have been resolved, but I'm sorry to hear that you're now having problems with the connection strength and range.

Have you downloaded and used the Connect App yet? It'll test the connection in your home and suggest improvements where applicable.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, Yes i downloaded that app and it wasnt much use.

I did the test and it wouldnt pick up in most of the rooms upstairs but only in the kitchen and advised me to get some boosters, but i dont think i need them.

The signal was fine and then its just changed, i think there is something wrong with the router.

Hi there @jaffabfc1

I'd be happy to check the Hub on our side but I have been unable to locate your account. 

I will pop you a PM so I can just grab some information and take another look. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for responding via the PM and I have now been able to take a look.

I can see that the Hub has been up for 11 days, are you able to perform a full factory reset? To do this push a pen etc into the reset hole at the back of the Hub and hold in for 60 seconds. 

Thank you

Hi,

Sorry been really busy with work so unable to respond on here.

Did the factory reset the other day, it made the internet slightly faster but the signal is still shocking, to be honest i think its still getting worse.

I am i the back bedroom and where i use to have full signal no problem but now i get 1 bar now and again.

I have a PS4 in there and i use to get 120mb download speed in that room (still slower than what i pay for but ok) and now getting between 5-10mb and thats only when i can get signal.

Whats happening? Nothing has changed in location to either router or playstation nor anything in between.

Hey @jaffabfc1,

Thanks for getting back to us, hope work isn't keeping you too busy 😊

Sorry to hear that you are still having some signalling issues, have you run any checks on our Connect app at all? This allows you to perform a home scan and check for any signalling issues or weak spots within your house. You can get the app here.

You may also want to consider getting our WIFI Max service, this allows us to provide WIFI Pods to you if you are showing signalling issues via the Connect app, you can find more information about this service here.

Cheers. Joe

Hi,

Yes I have downloaded the app before and it doesn't pick up in the back rooms only in the front rooms.

What is WiFi max? Why would I change my package if it was ok before?

Hi jaffabfc1, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the connection, I have checked the area and cannot see any outages. 

Can you confirm if anything has improved since the reboot? Does this happen on both the wireless and wired connections?

Can you create a BQM here and let us know the results? 

^Chris.