Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router config

Please advise:

My son plays to.much PS4, Can I configure the internet access he receives. Either thru wired access or wifi. How do i control it via the super hub 3.0. 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router config

Hello a great way to do this is by downloading our ' connect app' this allows you to control various wifi useage

many thanks

Andy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can the router detect wired connection of ps4? 

Then use connect app to control internet connection times

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The VM Hub's routing facilities have also always been pretty basic. Many years ago I decided to facilitate what you want to do by getting my own wireless router with much better functionality. I was able to block out my 2 kids computers/phones/consoles etc at different times on different days of the week very successfuly.

If you want to do the same you will need to get your own wireless router with the functionality you want. Be aware that if the teens are tech savvy they will try anything to defeat your strategy - so you may have to do some savvy stuff. For example I photo'd the sticker on the Hub base so only I had the access passwords in the event of them trying to pinhole reset the Hub to bypass my router. Also ensure they cant guess you actual passwords

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos