Menu
ChelseaN
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router Overheating

The light on my router is constantly red and I have had issues with my wifi since I got it. I have contacted the team on a few occasions and am yet to receive any help. The router is not near any walls and it is not being covered by anything so I do not know how to fix it. I have only been told to reset it using a pin but I am having to do this constantly and it is still not working. Any help/advice would be appreciated as I’m working from home so really need a decent internet connection! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Overheating

As you say that its not working, have you called it in as a fault as they will just send out a replacement? The red light "may" just be a glitch or it may actually be overheating - is it getting hot?

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ChelseaN
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It does feel warm but any time I have called, they only tell me to reset it then hang up after I say I have already tried that 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI ChelseaN, thanks for the message. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into for you ^Chris 

0 Kudos