Menu
mbres
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Wifi Hub

Hi, I would like to get a replacement WIFI Hub as the one I have currently is faulty. The wifi signal is lost when moving more than 2-3metres from the hub. 

This occurs across multiple devices (laptops, phones, game consoles) and platforms (ios and android). 

I have re-set the hub multiple times, removed all potential interference and changed wifi frequencies to see if any of this would fix the issues, but nothing has worked. 

I know this is not a connection issue, as using an ethernet cable, the connection is fine with the expected speeds. 

I have also been with Virgin Media for 3 years now so am aware that this issue is not normal. 

Please can you help me arrange for a replacement hub to be sent.

Thanks,  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Wifi Hub

What Hub model is it?

It may be the Hub wifi has gone faulty and they may replace it because of that.

But TBH, all VM Hubs wifi is generously regarded as "poor". As all the ethernet connections are fine you would sort all the wifi issues out by putting it into modem mode and using your own better quality equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos