cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Internet Drop Outs + Support Issues

CertainMusings
Tuning in

Hello,

For months now we've had intermittent internet, primarily via wifi but often affecting wired connections too. Some users in our shared house have constantly slow connections, but we've all dealt with regular drops in internet access, sometimes for long periods of time. This has been pretty painful, especially for those of us who've had online work and meetings in this time.

I've tried everything suggested on the Virgin Media website and more:

• Changed the wifi band settings to recommended values
  • Checked for local area outages
  • Reset the router many times
  • Factory resets
  • Reconnected devices
  • Purchased wifi boosters.

At this point we'd like to get an engineer to come take a look, or perhaps for our router to be replaced. Unfortunately it's been extremely difficult to speak to anyone, since I'm usually linked back to the same set of instructions on the Virgin Media website, or just left on hold for hours on the chat without answer. Even on the phone just now, I was taken through the same instructions, then hung up on, with a text linking me back to the website once again.

The automated chat options also don't seem great for dealing with long term intermittent connecton issues. Once it leads me through instructions, it's clear it's assuming I'm simply having trouble connecting a device to our network, which is not the case.

When I have managed to speak to people on the chat in the Virgin Media app, I'm repeatedly either linked to someone who can't help, being in the wrong department, or never transferred. I managed to speak to one of the right people yesterday, who gave me the Wifi settings advice, but that hasn't worked. Today, I wanted to explain this to someone, but I'm instead connected to the same chatbot once again.

At this point, asking on here seems to be my final option, so it would be great to finally get some help.

Thanks,

Matthew

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Sofia,

It is, yes. Beyond external connection issues I'm not sure why you might not be able to reach it?

Thanks,
Matthew

Hi @CertainMusings,

Apologies for the delayed response here. Is this issue ongoing for you today?

If so, can you confirm if your router is in router mode or in modem mode? If it's the latter then we wouldn't be able to perform full checks on it unfortunately.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

This is ongoing, yes.

The Hub 3.0 is in router mode - I just double-checked to be certain. Again I don't know why there's an issue reaching it? I've been able to perform tests using the Virgin Media website just fine (unfortunately, those tests don't flag any issues, as I mentioned in my original post).

Thanks,

Matthew

Hello @CertainMusings,

It is still showing as offline, I will send you a private message so I can help further.

Look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello @CertainMusings,

Thank you for talking to me in private, please do let me know how the engineer visit goes 🙂

Have a lovely day. 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide