Menu
Whatelse
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Received £40 fee for not returning kit but I have already paid it

I'm approaching my wits' end.

I no longer have an account with Virgin Media. They asked me to return the kit. I no longer have the kit and phoned up about this and the man said there's a fee for not returning the kit on top of the fee I had already incurred for paying the bill late (which happened because I thought I'd cancelled the service). I said OK and paid the bill (just shy of £80) and explicitly asked the man if the bill I'd paid was inclusive of the kit because I'd been receiving threatening messages and emails about a £40 bill, and he reassured me that I wouldn't have to pay any more money and the messages I'd been receiving were automatic.

Imagine my surprise when a couple of weeks later I received notice that my account had been charged with £40. I tried the chat system whereby the lady told me she'd made a note of it on the system and to ignore any further emails and messages. Perturbed by continuing to receive these messages from Virgin Media, I then contacted VM by phone. Twice I was promised someone would ring me back - one within 72 hours and one on the same day - and no one has. This morning I emailed the manager of the guy who took the payment from me and have not heard back. I have just received a 'final reminder' message from VM about the fine. 

I genuinely don't know what to do. I'm really angry at the appalling customer service, but even angrier that I can't seem to get ahold of someone who knows what they're doing.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received £40 fee for not returning kit but I have already paid it

What does the bill show that you paid £80 on? Does it have a line there for unreturned equipment?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received £40 fee for not returning kit but I have already paid it

Sorry to hear this has occurred, Whatelse,

Were you able to confirm if the hub charge was listed on the billing details, here? virg.in/myVM

If you are still needing help with this, let us know.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos