Menu
toadi3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Reboots since Wednesday (and joining with O2)

Ever since Wednesday night my router has rebooted every night just before 9pm. 

Why I log in to the router after the restart I see the following in Upstream.

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

13940000057512064 qam2

Upstream bonded channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts

1ATDMA0020

If I leave it an hour or so and reboot the router manually I get my four Upstreams back. Anyone else been having these issues the last few days?

Of course all the tests on the website tell me there are no issues in my area.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reboots since Wednesday (and joining with O2)

You need to book a tech visit as you have a serious signal issue. The hub should pick up 4 upstream channels so you have a bare minimum service. The upstream power is also way too high (should be under 50dBmv) which would explain the rebooting as you are losing channel lock all the time.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
toadi3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I have previously had an engineer out and will look to get another one just have to go through another painful couple of hours on the phone before they will agree to send one out.
0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Click on the service status at the top right of this page.  Log into your account and it should run a test and allow you to book.  As said above your return levels are way to low to lock on to 4.  ideally they should be around 42-47 i assume your forward levels are also very low

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A VM staff member will get to your post, but it could be a couple of days.

When you have 1 very high upstream power level like that it means the circuit is very bad. One thing you can do in the meantime is check that all the coax plugs are tightly seated, this is often a cause of this type of problem. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
SPatel-136
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have also been having issues with the router rebooting since Wednesday and had an engineer some out to try and resolve it but no luck. Called them back today and was told that they have no Hub 3 in stock for existing customers and will have to have Hub 2. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@SPatel-136 wrote:

I have also been having issues with the router rebooting since Wednesday and had an engineer some out to try and resolve it but no luck. Called them back today and was told that they have no Hub 3 in stock for existing customers and will have to have Hub 2. 

You need to start your own thread if you require assistance. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
toadi3
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have used the chat system and spoken with an analyst who can see that I have been having issues for the last 60 hours and I have been advised they are working on it and it should be fixed in the next 24 to 48 hours. I will wait to see what happens. 

0 Kudos
toadi3
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

24 hours later and still just as bad as yesterday. Not looking like the promised 24 to 48 hours will bring about any sort of resolution.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If it’s a known fault there would be a fault reference number they can provide you with 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos