cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really stuck

ukmartian
Up to speed

Help needed please , this may or may not be a VM  problem but someone may be able to answer...
I have several Alexa's and connect them to several smart plugs (gosund)..I was prompted to get a new router as virgin media said I was overloading my hub 3 causing my WiFi to crash, when this happened obviously nothing worked until I rebooted or it reconnected then everything was OK...I bought a TP Link router and set my hub to modem mode and everything connected fine..However I am still getting dropouts so it was not the router as I am losing Internet connection on wired and WiFi connection  , proving it is  a modem or isp network fault however what I am finding now is that when the Internet reconnects Alexa will not reconnect to various random plugs saying it is not connected or unresponsive but the plug will work through the Gosund app manually...the only way to get it back on line is to reinstall it and let Alexa detect it . this a pain as I have to reset up my routines.. any advise would be appreciated thanks... especially how to stop these drop outs ..I am reluctant to contact support as I just can't understand them .

13 REPLIES 13

Could you please explain T3 timeouts...what are they, what causes them, and the cosequences is it anything to do with my devices or network,  I am learning lol..

Hello ukmartian

Sorry to hear of the connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to post this on the forums to bring it to our attention.

From looking at your account, connection and equipment we're unable to see anything that may explain the issues. All of the level's are within the spec's we'd expect to see, the Hub looks like it was rebooted around the time you last posted, can you check if the post RS errors have retuned or continued please?

Thanks

Rob

No idea what you mean...dispite nothing showing up there must be a issue with your network somewhere causing consistent problems...

@ukmartian wrote:

Could you please explain T3 timeouts...what are they, what causes them, and the cosequences is it anything to do with my devices or network,  I am learning lol..

This is a fantastic post explaining error messages!
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Can-someone-help-me-with-these-errror-messages-p...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7