cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: red light on virgin media hub

kittybibidy
Joining in

My VM hub's normal white on light has been red for the last month. The hub itself is a little warmer around the top. It is in a ventilated area, I have rebooted it, reset it, and turned it off over night after 2 phone calls with VM and the advisor told me to do this. Still no white light has returned. I called VM again, and was told, it wouldn't be ok and leave it - I am not so happy with that, as we work half the week from home, I don't want it to suddenly stop working or overheat! The advisor said, she could send an engineer to look at it, but I would be charged as my internet was working so I declined the engineer. The advisor said the problem would rectify itself.  It hasn't, is this ok to leave, and it will keep working ok? any advice, gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2

ks38
Tuning in

Hi

It’s a known fault with hub 3 apparently they will replace it eventually if you persist probably with a refurbished one . Mine was more or less the same and after multiple reset attempts an engineer came . The red light indicates a problem that has occurred even if everything is still working and they are obliged to replace the hub without cost to you .

hope this helps

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello kittybibidy

We're sorry to hear of the hub issues and the red light, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

Rob