cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: UK’s Fastest WiFi Guarantee In Every Room Or Money Back

Virignsuperfast
Tuning in

IMG_0774.png

Getting under 20mb in the rooms upstairs and we have 2 pods and the virgin engineer has been out to fix it. How can I get the £100 credit . 

13 REPLIES 13

Virignsuperfast
Tuning in

Been trying to get an email but just been messed about on chat to give all details to get dropped to virtual assistant again. And the emails all have noreply email addresses. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

According to VM's online guidance, you claim your bill credit by signing in to My Virgin Media, select "My Package", and follow the steps in the Wifi Max tab.

Whether that actually gets you the hundred quid I can't say, but there's always the option of a formal complaint and Ombudsman Services if it doesn't.

Hi @Virignsuperfast,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to see that you're having some speed issues!

You can take a look at our Speed Up page to see if this can help with your issue. More information about our WiFi Speed Guarantee can be read on our WiFi Max page

Have you contacted our team about potentially getting a third WiFi Pod to see if this will rectify your WiFi Speed issue? You can call our dedicated team directly on 0800 064 3850 to please a WiFi Pod order.

Further legal details of the WiFi Max Guarantee can be seen on the bottom of the WiFi Max page. Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spent 6 hours on the what’s app chat just to be told download the app and restart your hub. I’ve got 3 weeks of sceenshots all taken since the engineer came out to to reset our hub . Moving forward nothing has happened . Sometimes you get told “glad everything is fixed now. “ don’t know where they getting this from . No Wi-Fi works in any room other than the living room. Been 3 weeks now and really fed up that I’m going to be billed £66 for this month. Opened complaint using the online system , just to see it closed and flagged resolved . Each time . This is just a kick in the teeth . Resolved no way near. So I asked so many agents to credit my £100 . Just to find out that you need to have 3 pods and they have to have total loss of service for 2 days and wait for it. Virgin have to had engineer come and inspect and note the account saying that they are faulty.only then the £100 credit will be applied to your account. We only have 2 pods could never get another one , you have to beg them . Yes please I’ll pay you £66 per month and we will have scraps yes master. Any further more not even one person has phone us to apologise and try resolve the 2 faulty pods. The hub is fine but we can’t pay £66 for no Wi-Fi to work around the house . Before it was getting 400-650 in the rooms which have total loss of service all under the level what is promised. Not a letter in the post regarding our complaints . Just 1 email sent from noreply address and it stated the problem not been fixed we will give you £8.50 for the loss of service. Hand on virgin it’s been 23 days now. And the engineer who came out didn’t have any pods to replace our fault my ones with he reset the box and said it would work in 24 hours . Only to ring back and say back off will fix it 7 days. We said to him that’s fine . That was 18 days ago . Then he texted a few days later not to ask us if it’s fixed . He said he needs 10 stars for his bonus. I replied instantly saying how can we leave feedback when the problem is not resolved . I have been with virgin since they started . Spent endless hours saying the same thing to the only chat agents only to get the chat disconnected or they say we are transferring you. The website self help is useless it says oh sorry we can run test now or it will say your hub needs a reboot. Well I know they don’t care about customer’s complaints or we would have been posted 2 new pods. Well I’m giving them till 9th to resolve this and find out what went wrong and which team members are to blame. If my £66 goes out the 9th and if the pods aren’t working  then we will take legal action. Pods went off on the 10th march . And they came out on the 13th .Not paying for something which isn’t fit for purpose. Will take my business elsewhere . 

IMG_0805.png

Even website states problems in our area. 

IMG_0810.png

IMG_0804.png

IMG_0781.png

IMG_0781.png

IMG_0804.png

superfast  Wi-Fi in every room or £100 credited . I would love to find out actually how many customers have been awarded this . As it is impossible to get it . You can’t even email then , or why not ask the community . What happened to ask the people who you are paying the £66 per month to . No ask the community . 

IMG_0814.jpeg

 This is false advertising as I’ve not been credited the £100 . 

IMG_0806.png

IMG_0780.png

IMG_0778.png

IMG_0779.png

IMG_0815.png

IMG_0812.png

only one thing was good I had 7 days unlimited data on my virgin mobile added but it was taken off but the Wi-Fi isn’t working properly still so what we suppose to do now .

Hi u could wiat and see if vm staff can help on here then if not follow the compalints policy that is what i had to do with talktalk before coming to vm

Hi Virginsuperfast, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community with an update. We're sorry to hear you've not gotten much help from the team on this so far. 

I've taken a look at things this end and can see there is an open fault affecting you. The details of that are here:

• Fault reference number: F010573167
  • Estimated fix time: 04 APR 2023 15:45
  • Description: Status report  ||  You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

There is already a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved. 

In terms of the guarantee you've referred to, while the fault is open, this would affect the speeds and therefore the WiFi Max wouldn't come into play until that has been resolved. Once it has, you've had 3 pods and an engineer visit - if you're still unable to get 20mb in each room you'll be eligible for a one off credit of £100. 

For complaints, while there is one open, any further complaints made would be closed as a duplicate and the information added to the original complaint. You need to ensure you are following the advice in the email that was sent in reply to your complaint rather than opening a new one. 

The pods will likely be having an issue connecting to the hub due to the ongoing outage that I've mentioned above so later on today, pop back to us and we can ensure the fault has been resolved. If it hasn't we can give you an update or if it has and you're still having an issue with the pods connecting, we can then help further. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs