Menu
laura26
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Putting cable in another room?

Just started working from home, and i would like to know how i put the modem in another room? 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Putting cable in another room?

@laura26 wrote:

Just started working from home, and i would like to know how i put the modem in another room? 

you'd need to get VM out to run a coax cable to the room you wanted it in - this isn't something that they are doing given the current lockdown so it'll have to wait until restrictions are eased and it's safe for their workforce to do it.

you could buy yourself a long ethernet cable though, and run it through to the room that you work in - if you require wireless connectivity in there, you could get yourself an access point to put on the end of the ethernet cable.. 

or you could buy yourself a mesh system, which provides decent wireless connectivity across a larger area.. 

0 Kudos
theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Putting cable in another room?

You have two options: 

A) 
If you have a white Virgin Media interior wall box (like the one pictured) then I am sure you should be able to just unscrew the coaxial cable from the room it’s originally in and move it to the room that is desired. 

B)
If you don’t or the above method didn’t work then you will have to wait until the current COVID-19 restrictions are eased and get an engineer out to install one for you. 

Hope this helps! 😊

A9B21630-2ACC-4A96-8C0A-2F249840C9C9.jpeg