Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 31 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 connectiviry

I clicked the site akamai and it says did not receive bad risk score so I'm now really confused 😕 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 32 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Tina62 wrote:

I clicked the site akamai and it says did not receive bad risk score so I'm now really confused 😕 

Unfortunately in that case only Sony can explain why they are blocking you.  The fact that they are extending the block suggests they are still seeing an issue with your IP.  Port numbers are irrelevant as no amount of port forwarding will circumvent an IP block.  You can test if it is a port issue by trying to login to your PSN account on the PSN web site from your VM connection:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-network/your-psn/

If you can login to the website then it could be a port issue but I suspect your login will be blocked even via the web site, as is the norm with Sony IP blocks.

I appreciate your frustration but trying to get VM to fix something that Sony is doing is not possible.  The Gadget Rescue route was never going to work, if you had asked here we could have told you that, but their web sites states "We also provide a 7 day guarantee no fix, no fee" so you should not be charged as they have not fixed your issue.

I use Malwarebytes on my phone and my PC and I would recommend it, as you are already using it I'm not sure what else to recommend.

@ModTeam Can you ask one of the forum team to check @Tina62's account and see if any malware has been detected?  Maybe a malware warning letter got lost in the post.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 33 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@Tina62 As we have gone from 2 mobiles in your post last week to 3 now, can I just check that there are no other Internet enabled devices in your household?

The reason I ask is some people don't mention devices that they think are irrelevant, like Smart speakers or security cameras, but even these can be vulnerable to malware.  See this site:

https://gdpr.report/news/2019/06/12/research-reveals-the-most-vulnerable-iot-devices/

It was revealed that though there is a range of connected devices from computers to smart televisions and kitchen appliances, 47% of the most vulnerable devices are security cameras installed on home networks, followed by smart hubs (15%), like Google Home and Amazon Alexa, and network-attached storage devices (12%).”

So I just want to check that you haven't over looked any devices that seem innocuous but may not be.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 34 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I forgot about my daughters old sony experia phone, she's been at her dad's since Sunday night so I can't blame that, only thing in house is motorola baby monitor and that's been connected for a year, it's nice to see people trying to help me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 35 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I havnt been able to log in to PSN since Friday with Internet obv my daughter too, she has no probs at her dad's on ps4 I can only log In to PSN through mobile data. I can hotspot to ps4 but as you know it's rubbish speed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 36 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Your IP address has been blocked. Had it happen to me twice. First time in had a new router. Second time I had to buy a router and turn virginmedia router I to a modem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Cheers SCA1972, Will have a look now,

Hi Tina62, having reviewed your account activity, there's no sign of it being malware. With other devices working OK on your hub's connection, it would likely be a block from the other party. However, I would advise try switching to modem mode and running a wired connection to one of the PS devices.

Cheers,

Corey_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 38 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi, not all my devices are online atm, as some devices are not here till tomorrow also I don't have another router to run off modem mode? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 39 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Well sadly you are not going to get your ps4 tonconnect anyway and you wint get any help.off Sony.akamai or virgin media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 40 of 41
Flag for a moderator

That's really cheered me up, someone's responsable for all this 

0 Kudos