Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Primary Upstream Service Flow

Hi,

I am on 100 MB broadband I have expected to have an approximate upload of 10MB.

However, when I checked my router settings, I have seen that actually I am restricted to 

Max Traffic Rate6320000

on Primary Upstream Service Flow.

I had the extreme luck to contact your technical support and took me quite a while to explain to him what I mean. His statement (after consulting his supervisor...) was that he cannot change that setting remotely and he will send me a new router!???

Great, I got my new router and after going trough the pain of setting it up again...what a surprise - the setting is the same e.g. I am still restricted to 6MBs.

Since then I have spent hours on the phone trying to contact technical support, I have raised a complaint as well you fail to deliver either technical expertise or customer service...

Yes, I am very frustrated and I am thinking of changing you to someone who an better understand how routers work and actually can answer the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Primary Upstream Service Flow

Hello

I don't know how they said they cannot change this remotely as this would depend on the config file that is sent to the hub, if you wait a VM staff member will pick up the post and get it sorted.

Regards Mike

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you copy and paste all the info from the Configuration tab onto here please.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Toto2017 and sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your upload speeds.

Could we please confirm if this is over wired or wireless devices?

If possible could you please post the information MikeRobbo has requested and a BQM if possible here so we can take a look at things on your side? Just ensure any personal information is covered. 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think the data the OP posted is from his config file - and so he is limited to ~6mbps uploads because of that on both wifi and ethernet.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The speed test results are:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1581082843543500355

Config Tab:

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
;kfoA,.iyewrkldJKDHSUBsgvca69

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID9316
Max Traffic Rate115000000
Max Traffic Burst10000
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID9315
Max Traffic Rate6320000
Max Traffic Burst16320
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst16320
Scheduling TypeBestEffort

Account number 796479201

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Emily,
the restriction is on the router, not on the connection type
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As I said.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Posted below
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information, it does indeed look like we would need to raise an IT ticket for you to get this config changed. 

I'm going to pop you over a private message so we can pass security and I can raise this for you, the team do usually take 5 working days but they have been quite quick recently so hopefully we can have this fixed soon for you.

Please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos