cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly faulty Hub 4 with no link on ethernet

foolishlywise
Tuning in

Strange issue with my Hub 4 - it seems like it's died. I had it in modem mode all fine until I noticed I had no internet. Looked at the hub itself, had a solid white light (all good). Then realised there was no ethernet link between the hub and the router I use. 

Testing the other ports on the hub also results in no link (as in it seems like the hub doesn't know there's a cable attached). Ruled out my router as when I connect an ethernet cable to my laptop from the hub, nothing again.

Interestingly, when I pull power and leave it then switch it back on, it immediately goes to a white light rather than flashing white then going to solid white.

Done the reset stuff etc etc to no avail and it's the original power supply in use. Think I may need a new hub unless anyone has any other tips... 

11 REPLIES 11

Ayisha and Steven - thanks so much both (and to the chap that gave me a call - Cory?) - hub arrived last week, plugged in and I now have service again! Old one is boxed and ready to be dropped off at the collectplus location later today. 

Ended up pulling a spare UPS I had out of storage and putting it in service to make sure the hub doesn't suffer an unexpected shutdown if there's a power cut. Won't keep the service alive through power failure as I believe the HFC cabs are fed through standard power with no battery backup, but at least no bricked hub again... 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad to hear that this has been resolved for you. 

I will pass on your thanks to the rest of the team. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M