cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Local Issue - Slow Speeds and Dropouts

vmdg_bmth
On our wavelength

Been seeing connectivity issues since the 12th of July which ranges from either the internet connection being down completely, packet loss, high latency or slow speeds.

Currently a speedtest since the 12th hasn't had a DL speed of 40 or above, I'm lucky to get 40.

This is across wired and wireless devices. I have restarted the SH3 many times during the period.

Had an engineer booked out for Saturday between 08:00 and 12:00. No engineer arrived, so I called up and they had informed me that I was on the schedule and the engineer would be with me for 13:00. No engineer arrived then either. Called up again and they informed me that my engineer was never coming because of an issue in the area which should be resolved by the 21st.

It's now the 21st and the issue is still very much present. In fact my connection has gone down and come back up again with a tenth of my DL speeds.

I called again this morning and now it's meant to be fixed by the 23rd. I highly doubt this will happen and I have no doubt it'll reach the weekend again and I'll have to wait another week before anything happens.

It's ridiculous how much I am lied to and how much the goal posts are moved.

Can anyone shed anymore information if they've heard anything in area code 20 or in the Bournemouth area, please?/

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Obviously I can't comment on any area issues, but make sure you get your £25 compensation for the no-show.  In theory that's all automatic and requires you to not lift a finger, but some people are a tad sceptical of quite how "automatic" this scheme is. 

If it doesn't appear as a credit on your bill, raise a formal complaint using the form in My Virgin Media, and if it still isn't honoured then escalate to the industry arbitration scheme.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening vmdg_bmth, and thanks for your post on our Community Forums

We're very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with your services and I would advise that if any outages were to occur, all previously booked engineer appointments would automatically be cancelled.

Looking into the local area, we can see that an sound to noise ratio outage is currently flagged and this is due to be resolved by 10am on 26/07/2021.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and we will seek to have this resolved as soon as we possibly can

Kindest regards,

David_Bn