Menu
jamie_parker4
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor wifi on teams calls

Hi there,

I've been using Microsoft Teams calls no problem since May using virgin wifi, but since Monday morning all of my calls my students can't hear or see me at times.  It is also the same on FaceTime.  It's previously been totally fine. 
All other aspects of my wifi is working fine. 
Does anyone know why this is happening and have a solution? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor wifi on teams calls

@jamie_parker4 wrote:

Hi there,

I've been using Microsoft Teams calls no problem since May using virgin wifi, but since Monday morning all of my calls my students can't hear or see me at times.  It is also the same on FaceTime.  It's previously been totally fine. 
All other aspects of my wifi is working fine. 
Does anyone know why this is happening and have a solution? 

ignoring the fact that it worked perfectly well for months via wifi, have you/can you test how it performs when connected to the hub via ethernet?

the hub is a poor wifi router - it's possible that the radio component of your hub is failing in some way, it's also possible (especially if you're in an area with lots of wifi interference) that it's additional interference that's causing problems..

you could download inSSIDer to your pc and take a look at how congested the RF environment is - this will display all of the networks that your device can see along with which channels they are using.. it won't, however, tell you how heavily utilised those channels are.. but worth a look i reckon.

might also be worth setting up a BQM - just to see how the connection is performing from the outside looking in - VM are suffering from a lot of overutilisation problems (not enough capacity to service all users) which could be having an impact on your experience.. though i'd expect this to have been going on for longer than "since Monday" if that was the case - still worth checking out.. once created, locate the Live Graph and click on Create Sharing Link - post that back here.

finally, grab the logs/data from your hub: browse to the hub on http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

0 Kudos