Menu
JonjonnyB
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor internet

Hi all , 

Anyone else that has struggled with poor slow intermittent Wifi , speed tested at 2.5Mbps , paying for 100Mbps ! I have tried everything, the App , Live Chat , Website , phonecalls . I have rebooted the Hub , moved the Hub into a "Happy place " and no I havent got any fish !  Done all the diagnostics, paused all unused devices , even told by customer services that it is all fixed . Still the same issue . Starting to get very frustrated with the time I am spending with Virgin Media ro try and get this resolved . Jumped through all the hoops and still getting nowhere . Extremely annoying now knowing I'm paying for a service that is faulty and not up to use. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor internet

Are you having these issues on ethernet cable connections as well as wifi ones.

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests, - no BB supplier guarantees those - only speeds "TO" the Hub are guaranteed.

So, can you test speeds directly like this. Connect a 1GB enabled computer/laptop, with up to date drivers, via a known good and working Cat5e (or better) ethernet cable, directly to the Hub which you have put into “modem mode” (see VM website for “How To”). Test at speedtest.net (not using their App!) to your nearest VM server - try on 2 different browsers.

If they are still low – boot the device into Wuindows safe+networking mode and try again.

There are many posts on here where unknown/flaky software, old network card drivers, corrupted browsers or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos