cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell me how to get a pod

alan1158
Joining in

Many thks mod team for pushing me up the rankings but all I'm asking for is somebody to help me to get a wfi pod booster which seems to be almost impossible Dave gave me some good advice but I had already done all of this and chat said twice that they were sending one out but still nothing sent. Why is it so hard to get them as you are told as a volt customer you can have up to 3.

Many thks hoping someone out here can help.

AB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi alan1158,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have faced issues ordering a Pod, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like you may already have 1, is it an additional Pod you are trying to get?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
China can't make them fast enough.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi alan1158,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have faced issues ordering a Pod, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like you may already have 1, is it an additional Pod you are trying to get?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul many thks for your help. I have an ev charger in my attached garage which keeps dropping out because of Internet strength. I'm hoping another pod would help. As a volt customer I understand we can get up to 3 if needed but don't seem to be having much joy 

Regards

Alan

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
For info.. what is an "ev charger" (make and model?) and does it connect on both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency bands or just one of them?

There are probably other ways to improve its performance rather than via another pod

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey there @alan1158

Its great to hear back from you here on our Community Forums 😊 Everything you have said about Volt customers is certainly correct that they can get up to 3 of our WIFI pods if they require them, we would need to run some checks first for you. 

Can i check since having the first WIFI pod have you downloaded our Virgin Media Connect app and ran the home scans there? This is a super useful app as it allows you to see the speeds in your different rooms as well as scan for any weak points in your WIFI. You can find more info about the Connect app 👉 here. The app also allows you to place a second pod order if necessary.

If you could download this and give it a try if you haven't already would be much appreciated, if you struggle to do so let us know here and we will be happy to help via an alternative method 😊

Cheers, Joe

Hi Joe

Many thks to everyone who has tried to help me I have spoken to someone on the phone today and fingers crossed I am having a pod delivered next weds. Also while online he increased my Internet speed and gave me a better phone deal for no extra cost all in all a great result I hope. Many thks again to all 👍

Hi alan1558,

That's great news, thanks so much for your update. We're pleased to hear you secured a new deal too in the process 😊

Let us know how you get along with the new Pod and if there's anything else  we can help you with going forward.

Kind regards

Beth